Tricia’s Bakery is a store that carries North Dakota made products for people AND pets! It originally started as a pet bakery from home when Tricia Allen found her talent and passion for making homemade pet treats in 2004. Starting with dog treats for her Pomeranian, Holden, she expanded to cat treats as well early on. She found that most homemade treat companies didn’t make anything for cats. In 2008 she opened a retail location (pictured below) and started selling products made by other North Dakota companies. She started with about 8 different businesses and now carries products for over 30. She has also expanded her talents to dog and cat toys and “pet pockets” which are sewn pouches of flannel/fleece/cotton for small pets like guinea pigs, ferrets, bunnies and the like.
Tricia’s talents don’t stop at pets, she makes products for people too. A unique “mug” mix of soup or cake is a very popular stocking stuffer or hostess gift. It’s a serving of cake or soup that is made in the microwave in under 3 minutes. She also crochets hats for newborns to adults, but they aren’t just plain hats. She has created a wide variety of animal hats with ears and faces.
Stop down and check out the wide variety of products, some of which can’t be found in other stores. Products range from jelly to jewelry, baby blankets to pet beds and more! And it’s all made in North Dakota.
413 E Broadway Ave, Bismarck ND 58501
Hours: weekdays noon-5:30
closed Sunday & Tuesday
Tricia’s Bakery products can also be found at a few other stores in ND:
- Prairie Creek, Gateway Mall Bismarck (5 oz variety dog treats, 1.25 oz cat treats, fleece tug toys, catnip mice, cake in a mug mix, soup in a mug mix & crochet hats, crochet hair clips)
- Plaza Drug, Bismarck (soup in a mug mix, cake in a mug mix, crochet hair clips, crochet hats)
- West Oaks Animal Hospital, Minot (5 oz dog treats, several flavors, catnip mice)
- Mocha and More, Mandan (soup in a mug, hot chocolate mix, 5 oz dog treats, crochet hair clips, crochet hats)
- Country Market, Plaza (cake in a mug mix, soup in a mug mix)